About SOSU Nails
Every false nail brand offers something slightly different; some focus on classic and traditional styles with a lot of simple manicures thrown in for good measure, whereas others offer false nails that stand out as being something completely different. At SOSU Nails, you will get both and this is one of the main things that makes the brand unique.
You don’t have to limit yourself to one type or style of false nails, you can choose SOSU Nails knowing that it’s always going to have something that ticks the box. For example, SOSU Nails offers French tips and animal print nails. These are two very different designs, but it means the range tends to have something for everyone. SOSU Nails also has false nail sets that are short and practical, as well as those that are long and impressive.
SOSU Stick On Nails
If you know anything about stick on nails, you will know that they come with a number of benefits. Not only are stick on nails a much quicker alternative to growing your natural nails - something that can take time and care, and there’s always the risk of one breaking - but they are also cheaper than going to a professional nail artist. This is why a lot of people opt to apply their own false nails at home, and many of these people choose SOSU Nails as their brand of choice.
SOSU Nail offers an impressive range of stick on nail options. There are short and rounded false nails, as well as long and pointy false nails. You will find false nails in coffin, almond and stiletto shapes. There are subtle, natural and classic designs, as well as designs that are undoubtedly going to make a statement for all of the right reasons.
One of the reasons SOSU Nails is so popular is because the brand offers false nails for every occasion. There are nails that are ideal for workdays, casual days out and school. There are also nails that will look perfect in a nightclub, on holiday or at a festival. Plus, everything in between. SOSU Nails is a brand you can come back to time and time again, regardless of the type of false nails you want and the occasion you need them for.
The Growing Popularity of SOSU Nails
You only have to spend a moment or two browsing the world of false nails before you see that SOSU Nails is a brand that everyone is talking about. Though it hasn’t been around for as long as some of the other popular false nail brands, SOSU Nails has made an impact and it’s already got a large fan following. There are a number of reasons for this, but it’s largely due to the fact that SOSU Nails offers an incredible selection of nails. There is something for everyone, from simple and subtle designs to those that are bright, bold and attention grabbing. Whether you are buying false nails for a wedding or for work, for a night out with friends or for day to day wear, you are sure to find exactly what you are looking for at SOSU Nails. As more and more people realise that SOSU Nails offers a wide range of options - many of which you won’t find elsewhere - the brand’s popularity continues to grow.
SOSU Nails is part of SOSU by SJ, a beauty brand set up by Suzanne Jackson. Suzanne Jackson started out as a blogger, but she’s now a business owner and the brains behind a lot of what SOSU Nails has to offer. Though it’s only been going for around five years, SOSU by SJ is stocked in a number of well known and popular retailers. You’ll even find a handful of well known celebrities and influencers sporting a SOSU Nails set. Though false nails is just one of the many collections SOSU by SJ has, it’s definitely the range that stands out and makes a statement.
How to Apply SOSU Nails
You shouldn't have to spend money on having somebody else apply artificial nails for you, even though nail salons and specialists certainly do exist. You can apply SOSU artificial nails at home yourself in a matter of minutes, and you can get started once you have purchased them. This is an easy and uncomplicated task that becomes simpler with practice. The more regularly you apply SOSU false nails, the better you will get at doing so. Although applying artificial nails is not difficult, you may discover that there is a certain talent that’s needed in order to get them just right. The more you use false nails, the better you will get. Here are some simple steps to help you navigate the SOSU Nails application process.
- Prep Your Natural Nails Beforehand - One of the most common mistakes individuals make while putting on artificial nails is failing to properly prep their own nails. This not only makes your SOSU Nails false nails look their best, but it also helps them last as long as you need them to. If you skip this step, your false nails may fall off sooner than expected. Prepping your natural nails should involve removing any nail polish and debris from the surface, ensuring you have a clean and smooth surface. You should also file the fingernails into a rounded shape to ensure that none of your natural nails show through below the SOSU nails.
- Soak Your Natural Nails - It's also a good idea to soak your natural nails in warm water before applying your SOSU nails, and you should make an attempt to push the cuticles back. As soaking them in warm water softens the nail beds, this should be a relatively straightforward task. The aim is to create the ideal nail bed for the SOSU false nails to be applied on to, and them being clean is vital. It also gets rid of any dirt, dust, or debris that has become stuck in the nail. You should soak your nails for five minutes at the very least, as any less time than this is unlikely to properly clean them.
- Choose Your Favourite SOSU Nails - With so many options to choose from, finding your favourite SOSU nail set can seem like a challenging task. You will almost certainly be spoilt for options, and there’s sure to be more than one set than you fall in love with. However, it's crucial to pick the proper size for each of your natural nails. If you choose false nails that’s too small or too large, not only will they look mismatched, but they are also likely to fall off sooner. You can find the ideal SOSU false nail size by placing each artificial nail against your natural nail and seeing how well it fits. SOSU Nails creates false nails in a range of sizes, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding the right fit for your finger.
- Use False Nail Glue or Adhesive Tabs to Apply the SOSU Nails - Once you have prepared your natural nails and chosen the right size false nails, it’s time to press and apply them. You can do this using either fake nail glue or sticky tabs, which both work very well. However false nail glue tends to be the favoured option as it keeps SOSU false nails in place for a longer amount of time. Apply a few drops of the glue to both the artificial nail and your natural nails, as this is more than enough to secure them together. Avoid applying too much adhesive, as this may prevent the nail from attaching as effectively as you would want. In fact, too much false nail glue could cause the nail to move around and stick at the wrong angle.
- Press and Hold Your SOSU Nails in Place - A lot of people press their SOSU nails together and then let go, expecting the glue to hold the two nails together successfully. However, it is unlikely to give the secure hold you are hoping for. This is why each false SOSU nail should be pressed down and held in place for around 30 seconds. By doing this, you are providing the false nail ample time to securely adhere to your natural nail. The SOSU nail may come undone if you let go of it too early and don't apply enough pressure, which means replacing your false nails time and time again.
As you can see, applying any SOSU false nails is a relatively stress free and simple task. Though it certainly gets better with practice, as a novice you should be able to apply the nails to a high standard. When you think about how easy it is to apply false nails, it’s easy to see why so many people choose to do so. Not only does it save money - it’s a lot cheaper than hiring a professional - but it’s something you can do from the comfort of your own home.
How to Remove SOSU Nails
A lot of people are afraid to wear SOSU false nails at first, even those who are somewhat experienced in doing their own nails, because they believe they are difficult to remove. However, you will be pleased to hear that SOSU nails are relatively simple to remove if you know how. One of the biggest advantages of wearing SOSU nails is that you can change them out whenever you want, to add colour or length to your nails at any time. One week you could choose a simple and solid colour, the next week you can swap them for something bright and bold. Fortunately, removing the SOSU press on nails is straightforward and takes very little time.
If you remove SOSU nails properly, the removal process will do any harm to your natural nails. This is good news if you are someone who takes pride in having healthy and well cared for nails. Follow the instructions below for a quick and uncomplicated removal process. Whether your false nails have started to fall off and you really want a change, the steps below will guide you through how to remove SOSU nails.
- Cut Your SOSU Nails Short - Before you do anything, make sure you cut your false nails so that they are nice and short. This can be done using a nail file or nail clippers, but nail scissors are often the easiest tool to use. You should cut them to the same length as your own nails.
- Buff Away The Top Layer of Your SOSU Nails - You need to make sure the acetone can access the false nails, which is why you need to buff away the top layer. You can do this using a nail buffer, and it’s a very simple task. Once you have removed the top layer and any shine, ensure there is somewhat of a rough surface. This will help the acetone to penetrate the nails and loosen the glue.
- Give Your Nails an Acetone Bath - Once you have removed the top layer of your SOSU nails, you need to soak them in a bath of pure acetone. This can be purchased from any beauty store or chemist, and even some supermarkets. After pouring an adequate amount of acetone into a small bowl, soak your nails in it for around five minutes. Eventually, you will begin to notice the SOSU false nails coming away from your own.
- Remove Any Remaining Bits of SOSU Nails - After your SOSU nails have been soaked in acetone for five minutes, they will begin to come away from your natural nails, but they might need a little help. Using a cuticle pusher, push any bits of false nail that remain. If you are finding this difficult, soak the nails again to soften them even further. The aim here is to remove every last bit of false nail from your own nail.
- Buff the Nail to Smooth the Surface - After you have removed your SOSU false nails, you might notice that the surface of your natural nail is uneven and rough. If this is the case, buff the surface using a nail buffer. Not only do this smoothen out the surface - which is necessary if you want to apply other false nails afterwards - but it will help to remove any small specs of false nail that remains.
Though there are a few different steps to the removal process, each one is quick and simple. You don’t need any specialist equipment or knowledge, nor do you need to be skilled at removing nails. Even if you are removing SOSU nails for the first time, you shouldn’t struggle to get every last section off without causing any damage to your own nails.
How Long Do SOSU Nails Last?
There is a common misconception that false nails only last a day or two, that they are likely to fall off shortly after you have applied them. However, this couldn’t be further from the truth. If you are using false nail glue, your SOSU nails should last for up to four weeks. As long as you take the time to prepare your natural nails beforehand and apply the false nails correctly - this means using high quality false nail glue and choosing the right size false nails - you should find that your SOSU nails stay on for between three to four weeks. This makes them the ideal choice if you want to have nice nails for a holiday, for multiple plans or you like to change your look up every so often.
It’s important to note that SOSU nails last the longest if you use false nail glue, and they certainly don’t last as long if you use adhesive tabs to secure them to your own nails. With adhesive tabs, your SOSU nails should last for around 48 hours. This makes them ideal if you only want to wear false nails for one night or on a special weekend away. You can apply them, and then remove them as soon as you want.
If you want your SOSU nails to last the full three or four weeks that they are capable of lasting, you need to be mindful of how you are using them. There are some tasks that will increase the chances of your false nails coming off sooner than you may like, such as swimming and washing up regularly. If you avoid these tasks, or at the very least protect your nails when you are doing them, they are much more likely to last for a longer time.
Top Tips for Making Your SOSU Nails Stay On Longer
Though SOSU false nails are designed to be worn on a temporary basis, you are going to want to make the most out of them. Once you have spent money on a set of false nails and spent time applying them, you won’t want them to come off sooner than you would have liked. Therefore, it’s important to know how to make them stay on for longer.
- Choose SOSU Nails - The most important thing to do if you want false nails that last a long time, is to choose SOSU. As a brand, SOSU understands the importance of creating false nails that people can wear for weeks at a time. Therefore, they have done everything they can to ensure the false nail sets are built to last. When you choose SOSU, you can do so knowing that there’s a high chance of them staying on for between three and four weeks. As long as you use high quality false nail glue and you apply them correctly, you can rely on SOSU nails. Though opting for another brand might save you money, you are likely to find that the false nails fall off sooner rather than later.
- Take the Time to Prepare Your Natural Nails - There is no disputing that SOSU nails are quick and easy to apply, but you need to invest the time to fully prep your natural nails first. Many individuals skip this step to save time, even though it's one of the leading reasons for false nails coming off too soon, but this won't help your nails stay longer. Cleaning any debris or dust from your natural nails, removing any previous nail lacquer, and filing them down are all steps in the preparation process. If you want the adhesive to properly attach the two nails together, you will need a natural nail surface that has been properly prepared.
- Buy a Good Quality False Nail Glue - You could use either false nail glue or sticky tabs to attach SOSU nails and, while both work well, false nail glue will help your SOSU nails stay on for much longer. However, this does not mean that you should buy the very first nail glue you see. Despite the fact that there are many multiple kinds of nail adhesive to choose from, some function noticeably better than others. This is why buying glue that has been suggested by others is a smart option, as there’s a high chance that you will also find it works well. It is also a smart idea to start a new tube of false nail glue before starting to apply a new set, as an open bottle may have lost some of its stickiness over time. Though older false nail glue will attach the nail initially, it might not have the same staying power as a new tube.
- Apply SOSU Nails When You’ve Got Time to Spare - Though applying SOSU nails is unlikely to take you more than 30 minutes to an hour, it’s a good idea to choose a time when you don’t have much to do afterwards. This is because false nail glue can take a while to dry, and using your hands too soon after applying SOSU nails could result in them moving or becoming unstuck. After you have applied your false nails, they will feel secure relatively quickly. However, to ensure the glue has truly set as much as possible, you need to refrain from tasks that are likely to see your nails being touched. This is why a lot of people apply their false nails before going to bed, as there’s hours and hours of time for the glue to properly dry.
- Learn How to Use False Nail Glue Properly - There is certainly nothing difficult about using false nail glue, but getting the hang of it could take a little bit of practice. It’s not simply a case of covering the false nail in glue and pressing it to your own nail, as that is unlikely to work. In fact, it more often than not causes the nail to move around and not be completely straight. Instead, you need to use one or two drops of false nail glue and drop them directly onto the back of your SOSU nail. Then add the same amount of glue onto your own nail, before sticking them together by pressing down and applying pressure. Using any more glue than this is considered too much and, contrary to popular belief, does not equal a more secure nail.
With nails as impressive as those by SOSU, it makes sense that you will want to wear them for as long as possible. By following the tips and tricks above, there is no reason as to why your SOSU nails can’t last for up to a month. Of course, you do need to take care of your false nails when wearing them. Anytime you knock or catch the nail on something, you run the risk of it coming loose or falling off completely.
How To Choose Your Perfect SOSU Nails?
When you first browse the SOSU nails range, you might find it difficult to choose the ideal set of false nails for you. This is because there are a tonne of different options, all of which are sure to grab your attention in different ways. To help you choose your perfect SOSU nails, we have listed four of our top tips below.
- Think About The Occasion - Where you are wearing your SOSU nails will have an impact on which set you purchase, so think about the occasion or event before making your choice. Though you have the freedom and flexibility to wear false nails whenever and wherever you want to, there are some that are better suited to certain occasions. For example, the bright and bold designs are perfect for nights out, celebrations and holidays. However, the simple and natural designs are ideal for weddings and work. When you are choosing your SOSU nails, don’t just pick the first set you like without thinking about where you are wearing them.
- How Long is Too Long? - If you know anything about false nails, you will know that they come in a variety of shapes and lengths; stiletto, coffin, almond, rounded and square are all slightly different. However, it’s not just the shape of the false nails that you need to think about. Before you choose your ideal SOSU nails, you need to think about how long is too long. Whereas some people enjoy wearing long false nails, others find them to be a hindrance when it comes to daily tasks. Luckily, if you prefer shorter nails, you won’t be short of choice at SOSU.
- Think About Your Outfit and Accessories - When you are choosing your perfect set from SOSU, think about your outfits and accessories. If you are someone who likes their nails to complement what they are wearing, this is something that you need to think about. For example, you might want red nails to match a red bag, or you might want dark nails to match other dark accessories. There are a lot of options with SOSU nails, so you shouldn’t struggle to find a false nail design that works with everything.
- Don’t Be Afraid of Standing Out - With so many different false nail designs to choose from, there are sure to be some that will have you standing out and making a statement. Some people shy away from this, assuming they should opt for something that’s subtle and understated. However, SOSU is the ideal brand if you want to stand out and make an impact. There are a number of impressive designs that utilise bright colours, patterns, artist affects and eye catching designs. Of course, if you want something simpler and more natural, there are dozens of sets that are understated and more basic.
As you can see, SOSU Nails is not lacking in any way when it comes to false nails. Whether you are looking for a natural set for a formal event or something fun for a night out with friends, you won’t find yourself short of choice. With a quick browse of your options, you will soon see that SOSU has something for everyone.