So, you have just treated yourself to a new pair of Lilly lashes and we’re assuming you’re here to make sure they stay in tip top condition? Well you've definitely come to the right place! We have all of the tips and tricks of the trade and we’re willing to spill the secrets on how to keep your Lilly Lashes looking fresher than ever. Get catwalk ready with our step by step guide on how to care for your new fave falsies.
Taking care of your Lilly Lashes is a process that needs your full attention! After all, you have spent money on some of the most glamour lashes in the world, you want to give them the care they deserve.
- Making sure you remove the lashes from the tray with a pair of tweezers or a lash applicator can help stop any tearing or unwanted fraying of the hairs.
- Gently brush the lashes with a fibre mascara wand and measure against your natural lash line, if the lashes are too big for you, then go ahead and trim them down slightly to make sure you get the most flawless fit.
- Once ready for application, take your favourite lash glue and apply a thin layer to the lash band. (We suggest the Ardell LashGrip Clear Strip Lash Adhesive for super strong hold)
- You need to make sure you wait around 30 seconds for the glue to become tacky
- Using either your tweezers or lash applicator, apply the lash to your natural lash line starting with the centre first. Once you have the correct placement for the centre of your lash, gently press your outer and inner corner into place until no visible gaps can be seen.
- Now go and slay the day with your new flawless looking falsies!
This stuff might seem pretty obvious but making sure you follow these rules whilst you are wearing your Lilly lashes is super important!
- NEVER, and we repeat never, pick or pull at your lashes. I know this can sometimes prove difficult, especially if you’re not used to wearing lashes on a day to day basis but trust us, this is not something that will help keep your Lilly lashes looking first class.
- Do not wash your eyes whilst wearing these falsies unless you want to lose one! We always recommend removing your lashes before cleansing your face just to avoid any unnecessary damage that may occur.
Removal and aftercare
Right, let's get down to business. This is the most important part of the process to ensure your Lilly Lashes stay looking flawless. You probably already know that Lilly lashes can be used multiple times, however, this does depend on how well they are cared for. We have made this bit pretty easy with a step by step guide from how to remove to cleansing. Follow us and we promise you won't fail.
Only two simple steps are necessary here, simply pop a touch of makeup remover onto your lash band to soften the adhesive and remove gently by pulling from outer to the inner corner of your lash line. Repeat on the other eye.
Now, this is the bit you've been waiting for. We want you to be able to re-use these stunning lashes just as much as you do. We now stock lash cleanser to make this process a hell of a lot easier for you too! Shop here for our recommendation of which one is best. (Eyelash Emporium Retake Studio Strip Lash Cleanser)
- Once removed, apply a generous amount of lash cleanser to your lash band with a soft sponge applicator or cotton bud. Some cleansers will suggest soaking the whole lash in the solution, However, mink lashes can sometimes lose their curl or fluff if soaked for too long.
- Make sure any makeup or residue is eliminated by placing the lash onto the palm of your hand and brushing through with a sponge applicator or cotton bud until completely clean.
- You can either leave your lash to dry naturally or pop your hairdryer on the COLD setting making sure not to frazzle any of the hairs, and dry your Lilly Lashes the quick way.
- Brush them thoroughly with a fibre mascara wand and put back onto your lash tray.
- You’re all clean and ready for your next application.
So there you have it, 5 easy steps to get squeaky clean Lilly lashes that will have jaws dropping and heads turning. Don't say we never do anything for you!