So you think applying eye makeup is easy? Well it can be a challenge for some, especially if you have yet to master the skill. Let’s admit it, we’ve all been there. Smudged eyeshadow to blending above and beyond the crease. But once you have grasped the basics, you’ll be a pro in no time!
When it comes to choosing an eyeshadow palette, a top tip for beginners is to pick one that is versatile. A palette that has matte and shimmer shadows and a variety of colours to choose from. This then can be used for all occasions.
Here, our makeup artist for FalseEyelashes.co.uk prepares to take creativity to the next level using the bold and colourful carnival colours from the Stacey Marie Carnival palette.
First things first, draw light strokes on top of your eyebrows to create the illusion of dark fuller brows, then calve out the eyebrow using concealer. By doing this, it gives your brows a clean sharp look ready for eye shadow application. Apply base to your eyelids and pat on concealer to your lid until you’re happy that it is set (some people like to apply translucent powder to set). Once you have completed the base, it’s time to move onto the eye shadow application.
Step by step eye makeup application process for beginners:
- Pat on the pink eyeshadow focusing on the crease of the eye, blending out towards the eyebrow
- Intensify the pink shadow by adding the purple and blend out just below the pink
- Cut the crease using your favourite concealer using a flat sturdy brush
- Create your spotlight smoke by adding the lighter shadow in the centre of the eye. On top of the concealer, now add a darker pink and a purple towards the outer corner of your eyes
- Add eyeliner to your water line
- Add deep purple directly underneath the waterline and blend out with a pink
- Add lashes a thin eyeliner so the band is seamless