You should leave the dye on for at least 5 minutes. If you leave it on longer (grey hairs need slightly longer), you should check the colour every few minutes to ensure the application is not getting too dark.
About Eylure Dybrow
Eylure invented the Dybrow to solve the problem of greying and thin eyebrows. This revolutionary product gives your brows a darker, glossy look lasting up to 6 weeks.
Whether you want to enhance sparse eyebrows or add some definition, Eylure Dybrow works and is a market leader in the eyebrow-makeup field. Dybrow is used by makeup artists and those who want better definition and a deeper, more refined colour.
How to Apply Eylure Dybrow
Applying Eylure Dybrow is super easy and fast, so you'll look fabulous in no time. It's essential to perform a patch test 24 hours before each use as hair colourants can cause severe allergic reactions — see below for patch test advice.
Here Are the Steps for Applying Eylure Dybrow:
- Start by washing your face, particularly the brow area, with an oil-free, gentle cleanser, pat dry and then apply the Eylure Dybrow cream on clean, dry skin.
- Use the small mascara wand to comb your eyebrows upward, and then use the wand to deposit dye onto every eyebrow hair.
- Blend in and ensure that all hairs have been evenly covered.
- Leave the Eylure Dybrow cream on for 15 minutes; remove any excess carefully with a damp cotton bud or lint-free cloth.
- Finally, apply the activator cream to set your look.
What's Included in the Box?
The Eylure Dybrow box contains everything you need for your application: a colour cream tube of 5ml, an activator cream tube of 5ml, a mascara/spoolie wand and an instruction leaflet. It also includes safety information to consider before using the product.
The Benefits of Eylure Dybrow
- Long-lasting results that can last up to 6 weeks.
- Quick and easy application that takes 15 minutes or less.
- Vegan-friendly and cruelty-free, perfect for those with allergies or sensitivities.
- Results are natural looking and realistic.
- Affordable option compared to other eyebrow tints on the market.
How to Conduct a Patch Test — Patch Test Advice
We have taken advice and recommend that you carry out a patch test before every application of Eylure Dybrow. Here is how to do it:
- Start by cleaning the area behind your ear with a gentle cleanser and pat dry.
- Apply a tiny amount of the colour cream from the kit on this area, using the mascara wand.
- Leave the cream on for 24 hours.
- If there is no reaction, such as redness or irritation, you can use Eylure Dybrow as usual.
However, do not use the product if any reaction occurs; seek medical advice immediately.
How to Choose the Correct Colour Eylure Dybrow for Your Skin Type
Eylure makes four shades of eyebrow dye, light brown, dark brown, mid-brown and black. To find the perfect one, consider your skin type and colouring.
Light Brown: Ideal for light to medium blonde or red tone hair and fair skin tones.
Dark Brown: Best suited for dark brown to black hair with yellowish or pink tones to the skin.
Mid-Brown: Great for golden blonde or bright red colours on those with a yellow or olive undertone to the skin.
Black: Perfect for those with black hair and dark skin tones.
The easiest way to get the perfect eyebrow colour is to closely match your original eyebrow colour (if you can remember that far back). However, the choice is yours. If you want black eyebrows and blonde hair, go for it!
Hints and Tips for Successful Use of Eylure Dybrow
We believe a few tips could be added to the instruction sheet that you might find helpful.
- Use a pair of protective gloves; wear them when mixing the cream and activator. Gloves protect your hands and mean you're more likely to mix vigorously, and vigorous mixing is the key to a consistent colour.
- Mixing and applying Eylure Dybrow at about normal room temperature, i.e. approximately 21 degrees Celsius, is important. Ten degrees warmer or colder will reduce the effectiveness by half.
- Keep one of the small mascara wands for future use. It makes the application more straightforward and accurate.
- When removing the excess cream, avoid smudging your freshly applied eyebrows. Use a damp cotton bud, and be careful not to rub too hard.
- When using Eylure Dybrow, remember that it is likely to dye most things it comes into contact with, so protect clothing and surfaces.
- Avoid applying Eylure Dybrow near your eyes or on sensitive skin. If you get dye in your eye, rinse with plenty of water, and if the irritation continues, seek medical advice.
If the dye does not take, there are a few reasons why it did not work on your eyebrows, and they are follows…
- Your brow hair was not clean, meaning the dye didn't get to the root properly.
- You did not mix the dye and activator cream well enough — mixing needs to be thorough and vigorous so that there are no lumps or bumps in the mixture.
- The ingredients, dye, and activator were mixed when they were not at the ideal temperature. This will affect the chemistry of the product, making it less effective.
- You have not left the product on long enough — the dye must be on for at least 15 minutes to work effectively.
Eylure Dybrow is an easy-to-use product that can be used to safely colour your eyebrows at home. Choose the right shade for you, mix and apply carefully and keep it on for at least 15 minutes. With some practice, you'll find out what works best for you.