A wet look style is making waves in the lash extension industry, and we are LOVING it! Seen on the catwalk at Milan and Paris Fashion Week, wet look lashes are all about giving your falsies an extra boost of volume and definition.
Think of them as the ultimate party lashes; they'll make your eyes pop and ensure you turn heads wherever you go.
If you're looking to achieve the wet look style, we've got all you need right here. But first, how about a selfie? No, what exactly are wet look lashes?
So, what exactly are wet look lashes?
Wet look lashes are defined by their glossy, wet-looking finish. First created in 2019 to highlight a sex-sultry look, wet look lashes grew in popularity along with wet look makeup inspired By Fashion East for London Fashion Week.
Today, wet look lashes have taken on a separate life of their own and are now one of the most popular lash styles. It's one of those when you know you know styles. Now you know there's no looking back.
The style is all about giving your falsies an extra boost of volume and definition, making them the perfect choice for a banging night out or a high-class special occasion. And, with wet look lash glue now available on the market, it's easier than ever to achieve this sought-after style.
How to achieve wet look lashes?
If you're thinking about getting wet look lashes, you first need to find a good quality false eyelash glue. We recommend using our wet look lash adhesive, specifically formulated for this style.
There are a few ways to achieve wet look lashes, but we recommend using our unique wet look lash adhesive. Special wet look glue will help create a smooth, glossy finish that will make your eyes pop.
Here are the wet look glue we recommend for individual wet look lashes:
- Ardell Lash Tite Individual Clear Lash Adhesive
- Eylure Superfix Individual Lash Adhesive
- Kiss Individual Lash Clear
The wet look glues for strip lashes we love are:
So many glues, and so little time to tell you about them all. We have a big selection of adhesives to help you create your wet look.
Once you've chosen your wet look lash glue, it's time to get down to lash business and achieve those wet look lashes of your dreams by selecting the proper lash for your eye shape.
The best lashes for the wet look-look
There are so many different wet look lashes to choose from, but we think the following options will give you the wet look you're after:
If you have round eyes…
- Doll Beauty - Lashes Eva
- Kiss My Lash - But Better
If you have almond-shaped eyes…
- Lilly Lashes - Mykonos
- Ardell Demi Wispies Multi Packs
We have all the details about the best wispy false eyelashes.
If you have hooded eyes…
- Kiss Lash Couture - Luxextensions Collection
- House of Lashes Iconic Lite
If you have monolid eyes…
- Ardell Faux Mink Lashes Black Demi
- Doll Beauty Lashes – Samantha
Once you've chosen the perfect wet look lashes for your eye shape, it's time to apply them, making sure you have all the right tools before you start. You will need:
- Wet look lash adhesive
- A pair of wet look lashes
- Lash tweezers
- A small brush and applicator
Now you have everything you need; it's time to get those wet look lashes on. Check out our step-by-step guide below to help you get the perfect wet look strip lashes:
- Start by removing any old fake lashes and thoroughly cleaning your lashes and eyelids to remove any dirt, oil, or makeup. Cleaning will help the wet look lash glue to adhere better.
- Next, apply your wet look lash glue to the strip of your chosen wet look lashes.
- Wait a few seconds for the glue to become tacky, then carefully apply the wet look lashes to your lash line, starting from the innermost corner of your eye.
- Once the wet look lashes are in place, use a cotton bud or Q-tip to apply pressure along the strip, ensuring that the wet look lash glue is adhering well.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for the other eye.
Here's our step-by-step guide to applying individual wet look false eyelashes:
- Clean your lashes, and remove any old makeup or lash glue to make it easier for your new wet look lashes to adhere to your natural lashes. Whatever you do, ensure the natural lashes are dry before starting the next stage.
- Consider applying a primer to your wet look lash area before you start. Primer helps the wet look lashes to stick and makes them last longer.
- Take your wet look individual lashes and apply a small amount of wet look lash glue to the bulb, do it the same way you use a classic individual lash. It's the style that's changed, not the technique.
- Wait a few seconds for the wet look lash glue to become tacky, then carefully apply the wet look lash to your lash line, as close to the root of your natural lashes as possible.
- Use a wet look lash applicator or tweezers to gently press down on the wet look lash, ensuring that it's adequately situated and stuck.
- Do the same for the other eye.
Remember, the whole look makes them appear wet and clumped together. Brushing them up will remove the product you used to keep them together - DON'T DO IT. The thicker the base, the chunkier and more glamorous they will appear.
Do you need to learn about Lash Mapping? Get the best length, thickness and curl insiders guide? Yes? Then read our ultimate lash mapping guide.
Now you've got your wet look groove on, let's talk about wet look makeup to compliment your false eyelashes.
Wet look lashes to compliment wet look makeup trends
Shiny wet look makeup is one of the hottest trends on the catwalk right now, so it's no surprise that wet look false eyelashes are having a moment too.
The key to wet look makeup is all in the highlighter, so if you want to try out the wet look makeup trend for yourself, here's what you need to do:
- Start by applying a primer all over your face to help your wet look makeup products go on smoothly and last longer.
- Once the primer's dry, add foundation or tinted moisturiser all over your face, paying particular attention to any areas you want to cover. We recommend using a wet look makeup sponge or a makeup brush for this step.
- Next, it's time to start contouring. Use a wet look bronzer or wet look highlighter to create shadows and highlights on your face. If you need more tips on how to do this, plenty of contouring makeup tutorials online can help you.
- Next, apply a highlighter to your cheekbones, brow bones and down the centre of your nose.
- Once you've applied your highlighter, it's time to start working on your wet look eyeliner. Start by drawing a line along your upper lash line, getting as close to the lashes as possible.
- Take your wet look eyeliner and draw a line along your lower lash line.
- To really make your wet look eyeliner stand out, use a wet look kohl pencil to tight-line your upper and lower lash lines. Tight-lining will help your wet look lashes blend seamlessly for a more sumptuous finish.
- Finally, apply a coat of wet look mascara to your lashes and voilà - you rock wet lash queen.
- Lips - wet look lips are the perfect finishing touch to wet look makeup. For wet look lips, start by lining your lips with a darker lip liner, then fill in your lips with a gloss or shimmering lipstick.
- No look is complete without wet look false nails. Choose a wet look false nails in a shade that compliments your wet look makeup. Then you're good to go.
We draw the line at wet t-shirts, and no one wants to look like a drowned rat (although some could say Kate Moss killed that look in the 90s), but wet look makeup? We're totally on board.
If you want to try out the wet look makeup trend, don't forget to team it with wet look false eyelashes, speciality makeup brushes, and of course, killer false nails for a really glam finish. Trust us. You won't regret it!
We would love to see you embracing the wet look trend, so send us your pics on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtags #wetlooklashes and #wetlooklashesUK. Sign up for our mailing list and get all the news, special offers and wet look lash tips straight to your inbox.