When it comes to cleaning your makeup brushes and sponges it can seem like a chore, but the fact of the matter is, like drinking two litres of water a day, flossing, exercising 30 minutes a day, and all the other important things in life, cleaning your makeup brushes and sponges is something you need to incorporate into your beauty routine, more often than not.
We may be false eyelash experts here at FalseEyelashes.co.uk but when it comes to keeping our faces away from bacteria, we’re advocates. Filthy brushes and sponges can clog up your pores and build up bacteria which can lead to all kinds of infections, like acne, conjunctivitis and in some cases staph infections.
If you don’t have any brush cleanser at home, clean your makeup brushes and beauty sponges with some simple home ingredients. You can use:
- Vinegar and shampoo
- Coconut oil and lemon
- Organic Soap
How to clean your makeup brushes: Step by step
- Fill a bowl with two to three cups of luke-warm water, and add in your cleansing solution
- Place your makeup brush into the bowl and massage the bristles with the solution using a downward motion
- Once you have washed all your brushes, rinse them under a tap of luke-warm water
- Gently dab your brushes onto a towel or cloth, reshaping the brush bristles as you dry them
- Lay your brushes onto a cloth, hanging the brush head off the edge of the table and let them dry naturally
If you’re cleaning your beauty sponges it is the same process as above, except you squeeze and rinse the sponge rather than dabbing them dry on a cloth. So, there you have it! Now get this into your beauty routine as you don’t want to be getting a breakout anytime soon.