Eylure Dybrow is a high quality eyebrow tint product designed for those who want to dye their eyelashes at home.
Experts design Eylure eyebrow tint products to give your brows a dark glossy appearance for up to a month and a half! It contains a formula proven to darken lighter eyebrows, ensuring a balance of colour and wonderfully defined brows.
All these factors and more have helped to increase its appeal, as has the fact that Eylure eyebrow tint is also an eyelash colouring kit that is simple to mix and use - not to mention the great value price tag. Check out the full Eylure range here.
People may sometimes refer to this product as Eyelure Dybrow or Eyelure Dyebrow. However, the correct name (for easy searching purposes) for this eyebrow tint kit is EYLURE DYBROW.
Everything you need to know is in your Eylure eyebrow tint instructions leaflet that comes with the pack. However, our team of experts has put together this easy guide to help you get the effect you’re looking for, plus dreamy brows with this perfect eyebrow dye kit you can use at home.
- What is Eylure Dybrow?
- What is Eylure Dybrow made from?
- Safety tips and product warnings
- What colours does Eylure Dybrow come in?
- Eylure Dybrow application instructions
- How long does Eylure Dybrow last?
- How often should you apply Eylure Dybrow?
- How much does Eylure Dybrow cost?
- Benefits of Eylure Dybrow
- How do you remove Eylure Dybrow?
- What is the difference between eyebrow tint and eyebrow dye?
- Brow Care
By darkening your eyebrows, you can achieve a great, well-defined look that is perfect anytime. No matter when you use it, Eylure Dybrow is effective and looks great all year round.
By applying it to your eyebrows, you can achieve your chosen shade of glossy brows. Its application achieves the desired effect thanks to its proven formula. Dybrow comes with a colour cream and an additional activator solution.
Eylure makes this product from a specific formula with ingredients like aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, and Ceteareth-20, specifically designed to ensure you can achieve the desired outcome - glorious eyelashes.
If you have your science head on and want to know the exact formula, you can always read the ingredients list on each lash packet's care instructions or look at the list below...
Eylure Dybrow Ingredients - Dye Cream:
- Cetearyl Alcohol
- PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil
- Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate
This may also contain: m-Aminophenol, 2,6-Diaminopyridine, Cl 77492, Cl 77491, Cl 77499
Eylure Dybrow Ingredients - Activator Solution:
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Phosphoric Acid
The ingredients of the dye cream are chosen to achieve the right colour tones for your eyebrows. Those included in the activator solution activate the dye cream's effect on your brows to create a semi-permanent brow tint.
Before you start, read the Eylure Dybrow instructions carefully (boring but essential if you want the best results).
Do a patch test to ensure you’re not allergic to the ingredients. The tint will not damage your eyebrows if you take care, follow our advice and read the Eylure eyebrow tint instructions.
How to do a brow patch test at home
- Mix a small amount of the colour cream and the activator.
- Once mixed, place a cotton bud into the mixture.
- Place the cotton bud with enough mixture to make a 5p size spot or blob on your forearm or inside your elbow crease.
- Cover the mixture with a plaster or surgical tape, so the tint doesn’t get on your clothes.
- Leave the formula on your arm for 40 minutes - however, in the unlikely event that you feel a stinging sensation, remove the plaster and wash the tint off immediately.
- If after 40 minutes you’re not feeling any discomfort and you don’t see a red mark or rash - you’re okay, and the tint has not reacted with your skin. Go ahead and get your eyebrows sorted.
- Don’t put the tint on your face as part of the patch test. Use your arm until you know you’re not allergic.
Additional circumstances when you should not use this eyelash dye kit:
- You are under 16 years of age.
- You’re prone to rashes, especially on your face.
- You have an irritated, sensitive or/and damaged scalp.
- Previously, you reacted using a similar product.
- In the past, you've experienced a reaction to short-term products like henna tattoos.
There is a risk of a severe allergic reaction to these products, so once again, ensure you carefully read the ingredients.
This product contains phenylenediamines and hydrogen peroxide. So you cannot use this product on eyelashes. It’s designed specifically as a brow tint.
You should also wear appropriate gloves when applying Eylure Dybrow. Do not allow this eyebrow dye to come in contact with your eyes. Rinse them straight away with cold water. If you continue to experience irritation, seek medical attention.
The other risk associated with this product is that of infection. If this happens, you should also get medical attention.
If you've tweezed or shaped your eyebrows recently, you must wait for a minimum of 72 hours before using Eylure Dybrow and obviously, you must keep this product out of reach of children.
Let's now look further at the two products of this Eylure dye kit. You can select black or achieve a brown (dark or light) tint with Eylure Dybrow.
Choosing the best colour for you will depend on the colour of your natural brow, eyes and hair, and your complexion. View our Eylure collection here.
Generally, the shade you go with should be 2-3 shades lighter than your eyebrows' natural colour. That is unless your brows are pale blonde or entirely grey.
In this section, we'll lay out how to use Eylure Dybrow, including looking at the Dybrow instructions. These include:
- Sensitivity or patch testing
- In-depth application details
Before you apply this product, you'll need to perform a sensitivity or patch test. See the basic brown patch test above, or click on this link. Patch or sensitivity testing involves checking how Eylure Dybrow tint will affect your skin before applying it to your eyebrows.
The instructions below are a general step-by-step guide to patch or sensitivity testing, and this practice can be used before you apply false eyelashes.
- Combine 1cm of dye cream and 3 drops of the activating solution.
- Place a small quantity onto a small region of the inner bend of your elbow. Alternatively, you can apply some on your forearm.
- Leave the test area uncovered for 48-72 hours while also allowing it to dry.
Assuming that you experience no rash or irritation, there's a tiny chance that you'll react when applied to your eyebrows, but there's still no way to be sure.
If you do experience irritation or a rash occurs, make sure to wash the test area thoroughly. Further, stop using the product immediately and look for an alternative that will work safely for you.
If all goes well during the sensitivity test, you can apply Eylure Dybrow.
Please follow the Eylure Dybrow instructions carefully. As a note, you should wear disposable plastic gloves when applying Dybrow. Once you have mixed, the tint will not keep. Use it all, or throw it away.
- Clean your eyebrows using a cleanser that is not oil-based. Cleaning this way is required to remove natural oils and makeup before you apply the dye. Be sure to dry your brows thoroughly afterwards.
- Prep each eye, one at a time. Cautiously spread a barrier cream such as petroleum jelly to the skin and around your eyelids to stop dye staining your face. Be careful not to apply it to the eyebrow hairs that you’re tinting.
- Pierce open the cream colour dye tube nozzle with the sharp end of the cap. Squeeze out about 2cm of the dye colour into a mixing dish. It’s best to replace the lid immediately.
- Open the activating solution while facing it away from your face. Apply 5 drops of the activating solution to the dish.
- Using the applicator, combine the cream and activator solution and mix well. Make sure it forms a creamy consistency that won’t be too runny and will not drip. The colour of the cream might change, but this won't impact the Dybrow's performance.
- Close one eye and add the mixture to your brow with the mascara wand. If the cream accidentally makes contact with the skin, wipe it off straight away using damp cotton wool.
- Allow the cream to sit on your brow for one to two minutes, with your eye remaining closed throughout.
- While your eye remains closed, carefully wipe the excess of the mixture from your eyebrow with a damp cotton wool pad.
- Use upward strokes, moving away from your eyelid. If you feel a stinging sensation, rinse with water thoroughly or flush using an eye bath. If you want to know how long to leave Eylure Dybrow or Eylure Dylash on for, each application has instructions and you should refer to these.
Repeat these steps for your other eye. Relax, as once you have completed these steps, you'll have well-defined and glorious tinted eyebrows.
If unsure, you can always refer back to the Eylure Dybrow instructions found in every pack. There are up to 12 applications per pack, making it economical to use.
This is a good question - the answer is no; eyebrow tinting is not damaging if you read the instructions and stick to the guidelines.
Don’t be tempted to leave it on longer than suggested or take it off sooner (unless it stings).
If you’re still not sure, check out our YouTube channel.
So, you're thinking of buying Dybrow, but you want to know how long it lasts. Each application can last up to six weeks, but with as many as 12 applications per product, one purchase can cover more than a year.
Here are some ways to ensure Dybrow lasts longer:
- Don't wash your eyebrow area for a couple of days.
- Don’t use harsh soap or cleansers on your face.
- Minimise how long you spend in the sun.
- Take care of your eyebrow health.
- Mix and match your brow colour to suit the season.
Tinting your eyebrows every six to eight weeks is generally fine. Of course, it will depend on you and your preferences.
If damage occurs to your eyebrows, then there is a risk that you can't apply Dybrow or any similar products regularly. You should start slowly; then, you can shorten the gaps between applications once you know the product suits your skin.
Alternatively, it may be the case that you are subtly allergic to some of the ingredients, but the damage is not apparent in the short term. If irritation or a reaction occurs, you should stop using eyebrow tint immediately.
Eylure Dybrow is available in black, dark brown or light brown. Eylure Dybrow costs from £7.99, but it’s a good idea to check out the entire Eylure collection by clicking this link for light brown dye.
Click for mid-brown Eyelure Dybrow here. Whichever one you choose, you’re in good Dybrow hands.
Considering that Dybrow comes with up to 12 applications in total, this eyelash dye kit is a bargain compared to going to a salon.
After all, a single treatment at a salon could cost around 10-12x more than that of Dybrow on average. So, all in all, this is a low-cost product with premium results.
We'll now explore the advantages of Dybrow in more detail:
Using Dybrow is way cheaper than going to the salon. You'll save money. In fact, you can save an estimated £110 for each product of Dybrow you buy.
How did we work that out? By choosing Eylure Dyebrow instead of the salon, you get the equivalent saving of 12 visits to the salon over 17 months or thereabouts.
We base this calculation on the most applications you can get from Dybrow in a regular use time frame.
Another great benefit to Dybrow is that you can stay home when applying it to your eyebrows.
Not only will this save you time, but in the current climate, it is safer, and you won't need to worry about increasing your risk concerning seasonal flu or even colds.
You might enjoy doing it yourself and not fussing about going into town or out and about.
Of course, if you are doing it yourself, the only genuine concern is that you make sure to get it right. Once you follow the instructions for Eylure Dybrow carefully, you should have no issues.
Eylure Dybrow is also quick and easy to apply. This makes for a straightforward and no hassle eyebrow tinting process, so long as you follow the instructions correctly.
This eyebrow tint kit from Eylure is, for this reason, and more, considered by many to be the best eyebrow tint on the market.
If you'd like to remove Dybrow or any eyebrow tint, you can use isopropyl alcohol, commonly known as nail polish remover.
You should apply this by dipping it into a cotton ball. Carefully rub the cotton ball over the area where the colour has stained.
You might have to repeat these steps several times to remove the dye entirely. Be sure to wash the area using warm water and soap to remove the alcohol or nail polish remover altogether.
As the name suggests, a tint gives a subtle change of colour and doesn't last as long as a dye. Eyebrow dye or Eylure Dybrow permanent eyebrow tint lasts much longer.
You can expect a semi-permanent tint to last between 2 and 4 weeks and a permanent tint to last between 4 and 6 weeks.
Taking care of your eyebrows in the first instance is essential for the best results. Here are some tips you should consider before using Eylure Dybrow.
- Use tweezers after showering, not before
- Only tweeze in good light or use a light-up mirror
- Tweeze in the direction that your hair grows
- Use the tweezer to accentuate your face shape
- Trim your eyebrows only when necessary
- Fill in any spaces with an eyebrow pencil as required
- Don’t worry; eyebrows will grow back (eventually)
Trimming your eyebrows and filling spaces might be a job for a brow professional. You need a steady hand, but once they have shown you the ropes, it’s easy to do it yourself.
There are plenty of ways to take care of your eyebrows, which will help prolong the look and effectiveness of your Dybrow product.
As you can see, Eylure eyebrow tint has plenty to offer in terms of its ability to darken your eyebrows, achieve well-defined eyebrows and considering how affordable it is.
As we've already mentioned, each application of Dybrow is around ten times cheaper than if you were to go to the salon, considering that you have as many as 12 applications per pack.
As a product, Dybrow is a high-quality and popular choice and it’s easy to answer your question - Is Eylure eyebrow tint good? Yes, Eylure Dybrow is a great eyebrow tint.
The only real question is whether it will be successful for you. That is, of course, the purpose of the patch test and the comprehensive Dybrow instructions.
We know your style is very important to you, but we also know you want to change as much as we do.
Keep up with the trends and change your style with the help of Eylure Dybrow and the entire Eylure collection.