There are many misconceptions when it comes to false eyelashes and mascara. Many people presume the two shouldn’t be used in conjunction with one another, misleading you to believe that you have to choose just one of the products. However, when used correctly, mascara and false eyelashes can actually benefit one another, so here are a few do’s and don’ts about exactly how you should be using them.
Mascara with False Eyelashes Do’s:
- It is recommended that you apply one thin coat of mascara to your natural lashes before applying false eyelashes. This allows the falsies to easily stick to your natural lashes, and provides a more natural, seamless blend.
- Once you have applied your false lashes, apply mascara to your lower, natural lashes as you normally would to complete your look and add extra definition for a wide eyed effect. Alternatively, you can wear under lashes.
- Always make sure to wait for the mascara to fully dry before applying your lashes on top, getting mascara directly on the false lashes lessens their life span and also, wet, smudged mascara is not a good look, nobody wants panda eyes!
Mascara with False Eyelashes Don’ts:
- Waterproof mascara is made to stay on all day, and difficult to remove. You really have to rub hard on the false lashes to remove any residue. This can damage your false eyelashes and unable to wear again.
- Heavy mascara. Never apply thick mascara to your false lashes as this too can be difficult to remove. It may make your lashes look clumpy, therefore not able to achieve the look you want
We do understand that applying mascara to false lashes is down to personal preference. However, we never suggest for customers to apply mascara directly onto false eyelashes as this can damage the lashes (particularly more delicate styles) meaning they are less likely to be reusable. It can also ruin the appearance of the falsies making the lashes clump together.
When removing your false lashes and mascara, gently peel the falsies off first, then go on to remove your eye makeup as normal using your personal choice of eye makeup remover or cleanser. For further tips on properly removing your false lashes to get the most out of each pair, have a read of our post that provides a step by step guide on this here: https://falseeyelashes.co.uk/pages/the-removal-of-strip-lashes
There you have it! If you were wondering if you had to wave goodbye to your mascara wand in favour of falsies, or vice versa, there’s no need to do either, if used in the correct manner you can continue to apply both lashes and mascara for added impact! If you’re unsure of whether you require lashes all together, we have curated a blog post consisting of the pros and cons of mascara and falsies - you can check this out here.
Do you have any top tips on using mascara and false eyelashes together? We’d love to hear from you!